About Apples & Arts
A collaborative public art project to benefit Bread for Life, Southington Community Services, United Way of Southington and Southington Community Cultural Arts (SoCCA).
- Apples & Arts mission is to:
- Provide funds for support services for Southington residents
- Connect Art and business
- Encourage foot traffic into local businesses
- Create visibility for the sponsors
- Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Southington’s Apple Harvest Festival
Artists are invited to create unique works of art by painting or decorating fiberglass Apple forms.
The completed apples will be displayed throughout the town starting in September through spring of 2019. They will then either be purchased by their respective sponsors or auctioned at the Calvanese Foundation Gala spring 2019. The funds raised from the project will assist the four non-profit organizations in expanding their efforts in promoting a thriving and healthy community.
Whether art is a passion, a past time or a profession, this is a great opportunity to showcase artists’ talents and support four important regional non-profit organizations.
We hope you will join us for Apples & Arts!